Cisco 1720

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Cisco 1720
From: jstobby <jstobby@co.el-dorado.ca.us>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 13:39:02 -0800
Hi,
Platform is 5.12 on Aix 4.2.  I hope to upgrade this system soon to
6.01, but I am  learning the system single handed, and it is taking
time.
I was wondering if anyone could help with the following problem;

We have a cisco 1720, running OS 12.1(3)T. I cannot get it to be part of
my router collection, nor does it show up in the IP map. It is part of
the Unknown SNMP collection. The vendor is unset, but isrouter is True.

I have updated the oid_to_sym registration file with the following;
sysObject ID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.201
symbol class : Connector
symbol type: Gateway

I also updated the oid_to_registration file with the following;
SNMP object id - 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.201
vendor name: cisco Systems
Agent type: Cisco 1720
Topology attribute flags: G(gateway)

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.