Format trap manually

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Format trap manually
From: mans.langert@se.ibm.com
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 10:35:11 +0200

Hi,

I recieve unformatted traps that I'd like to manually make into something
understandable. I just
just don't fully understand how it works. One trap looks similar to this
and occurs when I
login and logout on one of the switches:
"
? Trap found with no known format in trapd.conf(4)
Enterprise cisco (1.3.6.1.4.1.9) community public
generic trap:6 specific trap:1
Timestamp:-1480988747 Agentaddr: 192.168.1.1 args(6):"

and then follows the 6 arguments and then:

"
SPECIFIC:1 (hex: 1)
GENERIC:6
CATEGORY: Status Events
ENTERPRISE: ENTERPRISES 1.3.6.1.4.1.9
SOURCE: Source not known (?)
HOSTNAME: 192.168.1.1
SEVERITY: Indeterminate
LOGGED TIME: 03/29/01 15:33:46"

So, could someone explain to me (like if I'm a three-year-old) how I do
this? I've been trying myself around in the Trap
Customization dialogs but I just don't get the hang of it.
Is there by the way somewhere (manual, redbook) to read about such things?

NV 6.01
AIX 4.3.3

TIA

Hälsningar/Regards