Re: Format trap manually

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Format trap manually
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 14:57:05 -0400
In the release notes, in the section in migration, it tells you to run a
script that checks trapd.conf for these too-long lines. The out
put tells you exactly which lines they are. Then you have to edit it.
This is required for this kind of a merge to work.

If you have no Cisco traps defined, and are brave, you could try
just appending the section of the file that has the definitions you
need. Make a backup of the correct file, look them both over
carefully, add the enterprises you need, and then concatenate
or paste them together. I have had pretty good luck doing this
if I am careful. (James is going to say this is a bad idea and he
is right, of course.) When you think you have it right, send that event
that tells trapd that it has changed (look at the help for the event
command), and try opening the dialog and see how it looks. If you
have a problem with it, restore the file.

Detroit

"Mahesh Tailor" <MTailor@carilion.com> on 04/04/2001 01:33:01 PM