Network problems preventing status polling and discovery??

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Network problems preventing status polling and discovery??
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:51:11 -0500
Hi.  We are running Netview 6.0.2 on AIX.  I am having trouble getting Netview
to perform a discovery, or at least it is very inconsistent.  For the last
couple of days, we have been fighting other problems that have been making
network response times very slow for applications.  I'm theorizing that some of
our network problems are causing Netview to timeout on SNMP polls, etc.

Along with this, any demand poll I've tried, just sits there.  I'm also
theorizing that this might be related, and that it is simply retrying and
timing out, but I'm not sure.

I'm looking for ways to prove these theories.  Does anybody have any ideas on
how to do that?  I've struggle to find the answers in the archives of this list
so far.

Thanks.

Craig Treptow
Principal Financial Group