Re: Network problems preventing status polling and discovery??

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Network problems preventing status polling and discovery??
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:40:54 -0400
I would guess that netmon was very busy and would turn on tracing to see
what it is doing. That's usually what it means when the demandpoll dialog
hangs there empty, in my experience. If it won't answer to a 'netmon -a 3'
then it probably also won't answer to a 'netmon -M -1', so you would have
to change it at the daemon startup (use smitty nv6000 or serversetup).
Last time I did that for the problem you describe I found that it was
working
over the seedfile, which contained a few thousand devices. I cut that back
to just the rules and netmon could get on with its work.

Detroit

"Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>@tkg.com on 04/24/2001
04:51:11 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com