RE: Network problems preventing status polling and discovery??

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Network problems preventing status polling and discovery??
From: "Treptow, Craig" <Treptow.Craig@principal.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 17:07:38 -0500
Thanks for the help.  Since that tracing and then stop/start of netmon hasn't
caused netmon to do anything different that I've seen,  I got to looking in the
netmon.trace file, and found this:

Tue Apr 24 16:59:47 CDT 2001
Note: default gateway not configured.  You should ensure
that your network configuration does not require a default gateway.
**** Warnings from /usr/OV/bin/nmcheckconf configuration check script

This started showing up this past Saturday evening when I was attempting to
clear the database and start a rediscovery.  Netview had some problems that I
worked with support on, but I did notice this until today.  Anyway...

I do have a default gateway:

# netstat -rn
Routing tables
Destination      Gateway           Flags   Refs     Use  If   PMTU  Exp  Groups

Route Tree for Protocol Family 2 (Internet):
default          162.131.204.10    UGc       0        0  en1     -   -
127/8            127.0.0.1         U        16   939760  lo0     -   -
Segmentation fault(coredump)
#

Of course the coredump, isn't a good thing. <SIGH>

Perhaps all of this is related??