Re: Network problems preventing status polling and discovery??

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Network problems preventing status polling and discovery??
From: "Les Dickert" <lesdickert@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 21:05:34
First thing: be sure you have an updated
copy of /usr/OV/lib/libnvsnmp.a or your
Demand Polls will timeout, and other internal
SNMP stuff (like discovery) won't work either.
The one you want should look like:

-rw-r--r--   1 netview  secadmin 1248131 Mar 08 11:29 libnvsnmp.a

whereas the one you have may look like:

-r--r--r--   1 netview  secadmin  329771 Mar 08 11:25 libnvsnmp.a.old

Also, be sure you have the right discovered addresses
in /usr/OV/conf/ovsnmp.conf (put them in with the
command line xnmsnmpconf or the GUI).  Test this with
command line snmpget commands to be sure it works.

I'll bet libnmsnmp.a is your problem.

Les Dickert
Verisign Consulting