Re: Selection Name missing domain suffix

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Selection Name missing domain suffix
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:32:49 -0400
Does nslookup return the short name or the fully-qualified name?

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Brad Martin" <bmartin@MetLife.com>@tkg.com on 06/28/2001 12:49:06 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   "IBM NetView Discussion" <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] Selection Name missing domain suffix

We're running NetView 5.2 on AIX. NetView recently removed the domain name
(.metlife.com) from all the Selection Names. The DNS server runs on the
NetView machine and we haven't made any changes to the named.boot or
resolv.conf files.  Of course, names have been added / deleted to the
/etc/host file - which is periodically used to generate the named.data and
named.rev files. Any ideas as to why NetView would rename everything.

Brad Martin
MetLife