RE: Selection Name missing domain suffix

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Selection Name missing domain suffix
From: REIBENSCHUH Alfred <alfred.reibenschuh@it-austria.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2001 14:49:27 +0200
hi!

if you are running AIX you have to edit /etc/netsvc.conf
to include the statement "hosts = bind, local" since per
default name resolution would use /etc/hosts and than a
nameserver (on solaris this is /etc/nsswitch.conf)

it happenes usually during a major OS upgrade on AIX
(4.1->4.2 or 4.2->4.3) that those files are sometimes
replaced by their standard versions :( don't know much
about this on solaris)

hope that helps

mfG. Alfred Reibenschuh
INFORMATIONSTECHNOLOGIE AUSTRIA GMBH
TELEKOMMUNIKATION
Networkmanagement
A-1020 Wien, Lassallestrasse 5
T: ++43-1-21717-58947
F: ++43-1-21717-58979
E: alfred.reibenschuh@it-austria.com

Welcome to the Karma Hotel
Looks like Heaven but could be Hell
Where pleasant screams transform to yells
And every suite casts its own spell