Re: Manipulate the SNMP sysLocation field?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Manipulate the SNMP sysLocation field?
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:58:04 -0400
You woudl not want to change this using nvdbimport because netmon will
cahnge it back again on the netx demand/config poll
You need to create your own field

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT

"Scott ." <pepsiasg@hotmail.com>@tkg.com on 07/19/2001 02:36:16 PM

Sent by:  owner-nv-l@tkg.com

To:   nv-l@tkg.com
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] Manipulate the SNMP sysLocation field?

AIX 4.3 NetView 6.0.2

Is there a way to add/change the value in the sysLocation field ID in the
NetView database, or does it HAVE to be changed in the nodes SNMP settings?
I am looking for a free form field that I can assign a decimal delimited
line to for sorting messages sent to TEC. Is there another field that can
be
manipulated by using nvdbimport? Or is there a way to add another field id
that I could use for this? I was looking throught the docs for anything
that
would tell me if that was possible. Thanks for your time!

Scott Bursik
Pepsico