RE: Manipulate the SNMP sysLocation field?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Manipulate the SNMP sysLocation field?
From: "James Shanks" <SHANKS@us.tivoli.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 07:52:30 -0400
>>"Or even better...if I could somehow
capture what was in that field, I could pass it to the the syslog for
capture from the TEC syslog adapter."

Well, I am still unclear about all this, but if you add a field thru
nvdbimport, then you can view it though ovobjprint -s <selection_name>  and
then you could use the errlogger command to send it in a message to the AIX
syslog, but I don't see how you could get AIX to write it to the records he
already keeps.

James Shanks
Team Leader, Level 3 Support
Tivoli NetView for UNIX and NT