Re: Copying Database from 601 to 602

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: Copying Database from 601 to 602
From: "CATALINA MARTINEZ" <CATALINA.MARTINEZ@tlc.state.tx.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 12:41:34 -0500
Jim,

you may try:

mapadmin -u mapname:hostname.

I moved my db from 6.0 to 6.02  and did not have this particular problem. But I
came across this command when I was searching this list on the procedures to do
it.

I dont know if it still works.

Catalina

>>> Jim.Bingen@NAV-INTERNATIONAL.com 10/17/01 11:46AM >>>
I am moving from Netview version 6.0.1 on AIX 4.3.3, to Netview 6.0.2 also
on AIX 4.3.3. I tried copying the database files using the tar/pax method
recommended by Leslie, did a reset_ci, did the ovw -fields/-verify/-config,
but I am getting the error "Could not open map: default. Map exists on
machine 5xx". I called support (PMR 78535,379) but they did not think I
could copy the database between versions 601 and 602.

Has anybody tried this? Any luck?

Thanks.