Re: RE: Acknowledging

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: RE: Acknowledging
From: Ann.M.Stenson@bankofamerica.com
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 10:36:56 -0800

Bill,
I believe when you put it in /etc/environment only, when read/only maps are
brought
up via tmr, they will not reflect any acknowledgements.

William.Stringfellow@bankofamerica.com on 01/08/2002 09:55:07 AM

To:   IBM NetView Discussion <nv-l@tkg.com>
cc:
Subject:  [NV-L] RE: Acknowledging

Leslie,
     The fix for runaway global ack is IY25469 and is only available for
6.0.3, not in 7.1.  We are still waiting for it to either be worked out as
an e-fix to 7.1 or for the release of 7.1.1 which is supposed to have the
fix in it.  The e-fix for 6.0.3 is on the ftp.tivoli site under the support
directory.
     To answer Kevin Smith's original question, there are 2 ways to enable
global acknowledge.  You can put the  setting in:

/etc/environment file (requires server reboot every time you change it)
NVMAPGLOBALACK=1

OR

/usr/OV/bin/applsetup file (create/change the file, shut down all maps, and
bring them back up)
NVMAPGLOBALACK=1
export NVMAPGLOBALACK

          Regards,