[Top] [All Lists]

[nv-l] Subnet Mask discovery problem

To: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: [nv-l] Subnet Mask discovery problem
From: z_esm_karekars <z_esm_karekars@bharatpetroleum.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:09:08 +0530


I have NetView 6.0.2 on AIX 4.3.3 with TIPN Installed, using Db2 as database

During accessing one of the TIPN Query for suspecision Subnet Mask, we modified the query for the subnets not used in our environment. and it is observed that few of the Servers showing wrong subnet mask.

When we confirmed with the Server owner department about the subnet, it is confirmed to be normal. When we checked through NetView Console Tools --> Interface details, this itself shows the wrong subnet mask for that Server.

Such type of not existant subnets are shown for large no. of Servers hence I had taken case of two such servers and deleted them form the Map, done ovtopfix and rediscovered them, but still the Mask is not proper.

Can U please advice how could we get the things restored.


<Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread>

Archive operated by Skills 1st Ltd

See also: The NetView Web