Re: [nv-l] Magnum Management Software

To: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Magnum Management Software
From: netview@toddh.net (Todd H.)
Date: 14 Feb 2002 02:04:12 -0600
Cc: "'nv-l@lists.tivoli.com'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
"Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com> writes:
> I received a phone call from them.  As you can tell, I have my work phone
> located in my sig.  I informed them that it was unacceptable to solicit on
> the phone to Engineering.  They said "Well then what should I do?"  I said
> that I don't think this is a good idea, have a nice day, good-bye.  I
> informed my security people and they have taken action.
>
> My guess would be that they are on the list.
>
> Jason Allison
> Principal Engineer
> ARINC Incorporated
> Office:  (410) 266-2006
> FAX:  (410) 573-3026

If you wish to avoid marketing calls related to tools in network
management, you have to be doggedly protective of your phone number.
Posting it in a sig on a public listserver that is web archived is
essentially asking for such calls.

I wish I had better news.   The perpetrators needn't even be members
of the list--they just need to know how to use a search engine:

http://www.google.com/search?q=NetView+ARINC+engineer+jason+allison&hl=en&filter=0

Best Regards,
--
Todd H.