Re: [nv-l] Community in traps ?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Community in traps ?
From: "Geoffrey Cheng/Markham/IBM" <gcheng@ca.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 09:18:25 -0500
I think you could install MLM on the same machine as NetView and configure
MLM to forward trap
to NetView's trapd (which shall be residing on port other than 162). Then
you could use MLM's filter
table to filter unnecessary traps out before it forward traps to NetView.

Since what you try to filter out is authentication failure trap, you might
need to configure MLM to log it
somewhere since some of them might be generated other than known
applications, like SMS.

Best Regards,

Geoffrey Cheng

Vince_Rosso@transalta.com on 02/28/2002 09:06:15 AM