Re: [nv-l] MIB Bata Collector Problem and Very big snmpcol.trace

To: "nv-l@lists.tivoli.com" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MIB Bata Collector Problem and Very big snmpcol.trace
From: tivoli <tivoli@bu.brauunion.ro>
Date: Tue, 02 Sep 2003 13:59:33 +0300
...that's mean I'm the only one that switched from linux to windows.
main reasons:
- no rdbms support, (we need it for TDS)
- problems with MLM's configuration (netview try to set mib for
trapdestination to netview_IP+41472/tcp instead of 162 - I opened a PMR
and now there is an APAR for this)
- there is no netview native client!

anyway now I have lots of problems with netview@windows too:
- native client could not read maps from server (is this normal???)
- now netmon doesn't configure mlm anymore! IBM told me this is normal
for windows.. so I have to configure MLM manually by editing its
configuration file or by snmp set I guess (??!!) but I don't know how to
handle the list of nodes dicovered my a MLM
- there is no RIM support too so I keep all in some Access databases

so there are pros and cons for Linux and for windows too ..but probably
the linux version will be the winner in the future

Lucian