Re: [nv-l] MIB Bata Collector Problem and Very big snmpcol.trace

To: "nv-l@lists.tivoli.com" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: [nv-l] MIB Bata Collector Problem and Very big snmpcol.trace
From: "Haibo Yang" <hbyang@sysway.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 11:16:34 +0800
Hello,Karl;
Hello,Jane;

Thank you for your help.

And I hope my mail doesn't bother all of you because I am keeping on asking
concerning the same problem.

For more than one week, the problem mains the same here with me. Since I have
no experience with Netview before this case, My question may be silly.

Here is the networking enviroment:
There are more than 60 routers and swiches, they are all cisco boxes. And more
routers will be added in the near future. Cisco 7507, 6509, 3662, 2600 and 1700
are involved.  These devices are deployed in a very large geographic area.

Jane wrote in the mail  "So, like Karl, I would ONLY recommend NetView on
Windows where thers is
NO Unix experience, the installation is small, single NetView, and data
collection was not required."   Considering my network, Is it a samll
installation or big one for netview? or How many monitored devices could be
considered a large network? Should we deploy one netview or multi ones?

>From this archive, I noticed that netview can be used to monitor a network
>with more than 800 routers.

Cordially

Bruce Yang