Fw: [nv-l]

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Fw: [nv-l]
From: Gareth Holl <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 14:05:41 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 19:17:55 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

What is your platform and NetView version (fixpacks, fixes ??) etc ?

How have you set it up to discover all networks ?

Do you have "New Node Discovery" turned on or off. If it is off, then you will only discover the specific entries in your seedfile.

Do you have any ranges in your seedfile as this will limit discovery and not guarantee discovery. This is an important point and one not always well understood.

Does netmon have SNMP access to the core routers it has discovered so that it can read the ip tables to learn of other devices it can discover.

Hope this is a good starting point.

Gareth

----- Forwarded by Gareth Holl/Raleigh/IBM on 12/05/2003 01:57 PM -----
"Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>