Re: Fw: [nv-l]

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: Fw: [nv-l]
From: Gareth Holl <gholl@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 15:06:05 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Dec 2003 20:16:54 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Not all the questions were yes or no :-)

*How* have you set it up to discover all networks ? Is new node discovery turned *on* or *off* ?

If you answered yes to having ranges in your seedfile, then remove all ranges and see how far discovery gets, because ranges would be a classic reason why you are not seeing a great deal of devices discovered.

From the NetView server box, can you ping some of the remote devices that were not discovered ? Does this then cause the devices to be discovered ?

I wouldn't think re-installing would make a lot of difference. What I would do is delete and re-discovering a core router and tracing the re-discovery so I could see what netmon was doing as it read the ip tables (arp cache) and used what it learnt as hints.

I would also recommend adding at least Fixpack1 to the mix.

Gareth Holl
Staff Software Engineer
gholl@us.ibm.com

IBM Software Group - Tivoli Brand
Research Triangle Park,  North Carolina.

"Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

12/05/2003 02:16 PM
Please respond to nv-l