Re: [nv-l] netview name lookup

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netview name lookup
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 09:20:02 -0500
Delivery-date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:30:31 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I would use nvUtil. Like...
  nvUtil e '(isNode=True)' '%SNMP ipAddress%   %Selection Name%'
will give you the beginnings of an /etc/hosts file for all of your nodes.
  nvUtil e '(isRouter=True)' '%SNMP ipAddress%   %Selection Name%'
would do it for just the things it knows are routers.

I always keep a smartset around with the criteria 'isSNMPSupported' is false to help identify all of the things I need to fix the community strings for.

Detroit

"Christopher J Petrina" <cjp8@meadwestvaco.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

12/24/2003 11:05 AM