RE: [nv-l] 7.1.4 and TEC 3.7

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] 7.1.4 and TEC 3.7
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 02:17:41 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 07:26:43 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

To clarify: Remember that the ruleset that is used to forward events to the TEC in Netview on unix starts with an event stream set to block, and ends with a Forward. It is used by nvserverd when told to do so by using the serversetup dialogs or the nvtecia command. It does NOT involve ESE.automation. The rulesets you just want to run in the background are listed in ESE.automation, but must never contain a Forward function, since there is nothing to forward them to when they run in the background.

Other than that, follow Fawad's directions to see what is getting to the TEC.

When I want to clear out things that might be hanging up event processing, I always do a full reset of the event environment, just to be sure. That is:
ovstop nvcorrd nvserverd actionsvr
close the events displays on any open Motif consoles
ovstart
restart the events display by dragging it off the toolbar onto the control desk
type 'event' at a commandline and make sure  a demon 'node up' event appears in the events display.

If you have events queued to the TEC, they will be in /etc/Tivoli/tec/cache or something in that vacinity.

Detroit

"Qureshi, Fawad" <Fawad.Qureshi@ssa.gov>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

01/14/2004 06:40 PM