Re: [nv-l] 7.1.4 and TEC 3.7

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] 7.1.4 and TEC 3.7
From: Christopher Haynes <haynesch@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:34:21 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:41:06 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

Chris,
        You should definitely check your reception log on your TEC server (wtdumprl).  One possibly failure would be that 7.1.4 is also sending another slot (fqhostname) which is not defined in the TEC 3.7 Baroc file.  This would cause a parsing failed.  Jane's suggestion of turning off state correlation should remedy that (state correlation engine is what we are using to append the fqhostname slot onto events).  Another thing to check on your NetView server is whether the events are getting cached (cache file is /etc/Tivoli/tec/cache by default or whatever BufEvtPath is set to in tecint.conf).

thanks,
Chris Haynes
haynesch@us.ibm.com
Tivoli Quality Assurance Manager