Re: [nv-l] lcoation.conf 7.1.4

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] lcoation.conf 7.1.4
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:44:02 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 05:10:13 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

I have seen some unexpected errors like that in 7.1.4. It happened when I did have a mistake, but then corrected it. The error did not go away until I flushed and rediscovered. I have not re-tested the scenario, so I have not contacted support.

I am not aware of any heirarchic relationship between different symbols of the same class, although they are often used that way. I think Site2 is the prettiest one, and generally use it for all levels of the map.

Another hint: Using '0' as a placeholder will, in some networks, cause unexpected groupings. Often there are networks between unnumbered interfaces, and the address is '0.0.0.0'. If you use 0 for a placeholder, they will be placed in one or the other of those locations. I always use '255' as the placeholder for this reason.

Detroit

Mario Behring <mariobehring@yahoo.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

01/19/2004 07:01 PM