RE: [nv-l] locations

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] locations
From: "Barr, Scott" <Scott_Barr@csgsystems.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 08:09:03 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 14:16:23 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Mario, the Tivoli NetView Users Group has released a script (PERL) that will build your location.conf for you based on your map. Here is the link to the user group:

The code is available on the Netview users group home web page (it's called build_location.pl):

It's under the contributed code / End User Interface section.

And yes, you can do location.conf after discovery. Until you make a new map or restart map generation your old map would remain in place.