RE: [nv-l] locations

To: <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] locations
From: "John Sobrinho" <johnsobrinho@rogers.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:46:52 -0400
Delivery-date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 01:03:21 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Paul/Leslie..

One netview I have an existing Location.conf. other box there is none.

On the box with location.conf we divided into East Central West, and under
theses areas we have our corresponding OSPF areas. We are finding that some
of the devices are placed correctly in the opsf area, others jut end up in
ip map. This box only has routers (soon to have switches), and only loopback
ip address is defined in DNS and in seed file when we did the discovery.
When this project is complete we expect about 2000 devices.

Other box is a mish mash of stuff and that map looks like a giant golf ball
with the skin torn off, this box has about 1500 devices.

In both cases I could not produce a file.

In both cases we do not want to do any manual cut and pastes, for the amount
of devices we have this would be ludicrous to do and to maintain. I was
hoping Location could automate this, and as we discover devices they would
be automatically be placed in the correct container.

So I am very interetsed in this routine to see what it will produce.

Leslie.. I know were on Perl 5.0 or better, I'll have to check the exact
version.