RE: [nv-l] Un-numbered Interfaces.

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Un-numbered Interfaces.
From: "Laurie Gellatly" <laurie.gellatly@netic.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:22:32 -0600
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:33:47 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Has netmon discovered routes on both of the routers that point directly
to an address on the other router across the un-numbered interface?

I've had to create redundant routes just so the diagram would appear
correctly.

HTH       ...Laurie :{)

> Oliver,
>
> I have discovered both sides, but there is still no representation
inside the router sub-map to show the interface.... should there /
could there be?

l@lists.us.ibm.com]On Behalf Of Oliver Bruchhaeuser
> Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 2:48 AM
> To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
> Subject: RE: [nv-l] Un-numbered Interfaces.
>

> to discover the unnumbered interfaces you have to discover both
sides (Routers) of the unnumbered link.

> Oliver
>

> "Brian Backer" <brian.backer@centurytel.com>
> Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
>

> 26.04.2004 23:30
>

> Please respond to
> nv-l

> <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
>
> cc
>
> Subject
> RE: [nv-l] Un-numbered Interfaces.
>

> thanks for the reply..
>
> I hadn't, but I just went into there and it's set to "yes"  However,
when I rediscover a device, it doesn't show any interfaces that are un-
numbered.  What should I be expecting to see with an un-numbered
interface?  I know they're on the device.. .just doesn't show them..

l@lists.us.ibm.com]On Behalf Of ray.smith@clorox.com
> Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 4:03 PM
> To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
> Subject: Re: [nv-l] Un-numbered Interfaces.
>

> there is an option in the serversetup gui for unnumbered ip address
support.
> its under the heading of set options for daemons, then set options
for topology , discovery, ... then
> set options for netmon daemon
>
> have you been there?
>
> Ray Smith
>

>       "Brian Backer" <brian.backer@centurytel.com>
> Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
>

> 04/26/2004 12:49 PM
> Please respond to nv-l
>

>        To:        <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
>        cc:
>        Fax to:
>        Subject:        [nv-l] Un-numbered Interfaces.
>

> I have question that I need some help with.  I have a request from a
customer to monitor some cisco "un-numbered" interfaces.  I've only
ever monitored IP and IPX interfaces.  Anyone here monitoring un-
numbered interfaces?  if so, how?