RE: [nv-l] Un-numbered Interfaces.

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Un-numbered Interfaces.
From: Oliver Bruchhaeuser <oliver.bruchhaeuser@de.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 07:41:27 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 06:47:51 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

unnumbered interfaces usually show up with ip address 0.0.0.0.
On Cisco devices the unnumbered link is discovered from the CDP cache.
On both sides the router of the other end has to be there.

I'm not sure but I think this is the place NetView is looking for:
snmpwalk <YourCiscoRouter> .1.3.6.1.4.1.9.9.23.1.2.1.1.6

B.t.w. What NetView version? What OS?

Oliver

"Brian Backer" <brian.backer@centurytel.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

28.04.2004 16:07
Please respond to

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
RE: [nv-l] Un-numbered Interfaces.

Oliver,

I have discovered both sides, but there is still no representation inside the router sub-map to show the interface.... should there / could there be?