RE: [nv-l] Web Console

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Web Console
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2005 23:33:52 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 19 May 2005 04:34:28 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

This may be a dumb question, but what exactly does the string 'Cannot connect to the Web Server at hostname:8080' say? Does it perhaps say, instead of hostname, the name of our PC? Every single customer that I have walked through this has neglected to specify the name of the Netview server in that authentication box. When first installed, it is filled with the name of your PC.  Just thought I'd ask.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

"Glen Warn" <Glen.Warn@pemcocorp.com>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

05/18/2005 08:20 PM
Please respond to

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
RE: [nv-l] Web Console

I've had the same problem and my work around was to install the web console client.  Doing so allowed me to work fine - just that it was outside of my standard browser.  Be aware though, I think there are specific versions of this client that should be sync'd with the version of the fixpack you are running.

Good luck,

Glen Warn
PEMCO Corporation Computer Services (PCCS)
glen.warn@pemcocorp.com
206-628-5770