Re: [nv-l] PC becomes Router !!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] PC becomes Router !!
From: Gildas.Plouzennec@alcatel.fr
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:40:56 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 15:43:02 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
To make a point on all your recommandations :
- the SNMP agent is enable on the PC windows,
- the ipforwarding is not set, neither via SNMP GET nor in the Windows registry
- snmpwalk <hostname> ,  that  works fine
- the oid type is not tag as a gateway or router in oid_to_type file
- I have restart the PC windows then restart a poll

all i have checked seem correct (SNMP at client side and on netview, network, windows, system, ...)

Gildas PLOUZENNEC

George deSocio wrote:

One more thing would be to run the snmpget I suggested. There can be a difference between what is set in the registry and what the agent sends in response to an snmp query. I have found that after setting the registry value one way or the other, a reboot was required to make the mib reflect the change in the registry. The reboot was my last resort after recycling everything I could think of, but it worked for me.

Regards,
Geo.

George deSocio
IBM Americas Support - Distributed Network Management
Dept 46-E1ZA
IBM B660  CC109
HWY 54 & 600 Park Offices
Research Triangle Park, NC  27709

919-254-2259 (T/L 444)  Fax: 919-543-7936 (T/L 441)

E-Mail:  desocio@us.ibm.com

*Gildas.Plouzennec@alcatel.fr*
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

06/28/2005 04:34 AM
Please respond to

        nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
cc

Subject
        Re: [nv-l] PC becomes Router !!

The ipForwarding value is "not forawarding" and the Windows Key
"IPEnableRouter"  is 0.

I have another PC with similar configuration but without this issue.
The main difference between both PC is the one with the problem is
hosted on a blade (in IBM blade center) and the other one is a server
hosted in a "standard" box.

Gildas PLOUZENNEC