Re: [NV-L] Thresholding on a mixed table of data?

To: Tivoli NetView Discussions <nv-l@lists.ca.ibm.com>
Subject: Re: [NV-L] Thresholding on a mixed table of data?
From: Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 13:29:26 +0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 08 Feb 2008 13:30:23 +0000
Sender: nv-l-bounces@lists.ca.ibm.com
It is not a simple way to start but you will find that your SNMP data
collections are actually held in /usr/OV/conf/snmpCol.conf.  From
memory, I think you will find that although you cannot specify more than
one entry per MIB in the GUI, you will be able to have several lines per
MIB ( one for each instance) if you edit this file directly.  BACK UP
THIS FILE FIRST BEFORE YOU TRY HACKING AROUND IN IT!!!  It's a long time
since I did this so if James comes back and says you can't do this -
believe him!

Cheers,
Jane

Sean Lawrence wrote:
> Yes to put it simply I need to have the equivalent of a warn, critical,
> fatal threshold for the same collected piece of data on the same
> machine.
>
> We are running 7.1.5 on AIX 5.3, no DB2
>
> We are using snmpCollect
>
> As far as starting simple I do not have that option. My customer's first
> requests are always the most complex thing I can be required to do in a
> tool. This is Murphy's law I guess.
>
> I had this fully developed using the ITM UA agent but the customer
> didn't want to spend the money for a license. So it's off to Netview
> just because it's paid for and can hopefully do it.
>
> Sean

Skills 1st Limited, 2 Cedar Chase, Taplow, Bucks, SL6 0EU, UK.
Registered in England & Wales, Company No. 3458854.
Tel: +44 (0)1628 782565
Copyright (c) 2008 Jane Curry <jane.curry@skills-1st.co.uk>.  All rights
reserved.