Re: UNIX vs. NT functionality -- NetView 5.1.2 level

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: UNIX vs. NT functionality -- NetView 5.1.2 level
From: "Boyles, Gary P" <gary.p.boyles@INTEL.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 08:57:34 -0700
A few additions/corrections:
  a)  Multiple event-windows can be started (if we're talking about the
      tess event-viewer)... on NT.
  b)  Traps/events do goto a DB on NT, but you can also switch-on the
      trapd.log if you want  (check a check-box).
  c)  The NT version has an automatic-restart for daemons (I don't know
      about the UNIX version).
  d)  But... I really miss X-windows, and I hope the web-interface in
      the next release helps minimize the need for remote-access.
  e)  I'll 2nd (or 3rd) the wish that they support Perl instead of TCL.
  f)  You can comfortably manage 5000 nodes on NT (default polling
      settings) on a beefy $2000 workstation/PC... I don't know what
      the upper limits are for either though.

Regards,

Gary Boyles