reg Netview for Unix

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: reg Netview for Unix
From: M Robert Prakash <robertprakash@CHENNAI.TCS.CO.IN>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 16:43:38 +0530
Hi

I have installed Netview for Unix on my Sun Spark running Solaris 2.6.Earlier I
had some problems,thanks to Vladimir,I got some useful tips.Now I have done a
fresh install of my OS (Solaris 2.6) and I have followed the procedure for
Installation as listed below

   Framework 3.6
   Framework Patch 3.6.1
   Framework Patch for Netview
   Set Lang variable to en_US
   Installed the SEAs in the order mentioned in the release notes including
   SUNWbtool
   Configured the system as mentioned in Release notes
   Installed Netview Server 5.1 in a new policy region

It got installed without problems and everything seems to be fine.But from the
manual I find that the Netview Client cannot be installed on the same machine as
the Server.I would like  to install on the same machine if its not a
problem.Also if it has to be installed on another machine,should that be a Sun
machine with Solaris  2.6 or can it be intel Solaris 7 or even an NT machine or
any other platform.I also have the Netview Server 5.11and Client 5.1.1 patch
CD.Can I install the Server patch 5.1.1 before the client is installed and
configured .Or should I have everything installed and Configured before I
proceed the patch installations.

Thanks in advance

With regards

Robert