Re: reg Netview for Unix

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: reg Netview for Unix
From: James Shanks <James_Shanks@TIVOLI.COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 07:07:40 -0500
If you are just learning, stay on the server.  There is no need for a client
unless your box isn't big enough to support all the operators you want connected
at once.  The client buys you nothing if that is not the case, and just
complicates the picture.  The client GUI and the server GUI are identical (same
code).  They just reside in different places.

You are making this harder than it is.  Just type in "netview" and go.  Read the
"User's Guide for Beginners" and have at go at doing what things it talks about.
That's how to learn NetView

James Shanks
Tivoli (NetView for UNIX) L3 Support

M Robert Prakash <robertprakash@CHENNAI.TCS.CO.IN> on 02/22/2000 11:39:09 PM