RE: Managing Private addresses with Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: RE: Managing Private addresses with Netview
From: "Painter, Bill" <BPainter@GILATFLORIDA.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:40:11 -0500
Thanks Martin for the information!

I still would like to know if anyone can see a problem with using the mlm
approach.  If I used public addresses on these devices and ping them I would
have a root map that consisted only of MLM's  they would in turn "see" the
privately addressed devices and on the network map show up as managed by the
mlm's.

Anyone have a comment on this?

Thanks,
Bill