Re: ISDN port colour problem through Netview

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: ISDN port colour problem through Netview
From: "Leslie Clark" <lclark@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 22:44:04 -0500
There might be something to that, but I don't think it should be
permanent. Even when status-polled with ping, an admin-down
interface should show as user1. If it were admin-up when first
discovered, then went admin-down later, it would be red, true. But
it should switch on the next configuration poll, or demandpoll,
I think, to user1. If it does not, it might be a case for Support.

Oh - perhaps it is the Oper status that is the problem. If it is
Dormant, then regardless of what the Admin status is, it will
show as down. That is one of the things enhanced in V7.1.

Detroit

                    Bill Evans

                    <wvevans@attgl       To:     IBM NetView Discussion
<nv-l@tkg.com>
                    obal.net>            cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: [NV-L] ISDN port
colour
                    owner-nv-l@tkg        problem through Netview

                    .com

                    11/10/01 04:05

                    PM

                    Please respond

                    to IBM NetView

                    Discussion

Check whether both routers are being polled by SNMP.  If one is polled
by ICMP and the other by SNMP it could explain the difference.  The
archives and product manuals explain the details but there are a couple
ways to force SNMP polling; a "$" entry in the seed file or a "P" in the
oid_to_type file entry.

anand anupam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As you rightly said that backup isdn line with  a status of AdminDown
> will also be USER1 ( it should not be critical ).
>
> But, the problem in our case is  NetView assigns USER1(7) with pink
> color and Critical(4) with red color for the same situation on different
> routers.
>
> Any idea what could be possible reason and where to look into?
>

> Regards,
>
> Anupam

Bill Evans  --  Consultant in Enterprise Systems Management
reply-to: wvevans@prodigy.net  (or Bill_Evans@sra.com)
Phone: 919-696-7513
Send short text messages to 9196967513@messaging.sprintpcs.com