RE: [nv-l] NetView vs. OpenView

To: "'nv-l'" <nv-l@lists.tivoli.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] NetView vs. OpenView
From: "Allison, Jason (JALLISON)" <JALLISON@arinc.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 10:55:52 -0400
quote:
"they are somewhat convinced NetView would not meet their requirements (99%
Cisco network devices)."

-- Approach them with the question:
"To properly identify your Network Management needs, I will need your group
to outline your daily operations and legacy network component requirements
as well as your growth analyses over the next short term 5 years."

or...with a straight face:
"All I need is for you to point me to your Requirements Document so I can
analyze how Netview scales to your legacy components."

When they say "Huh", you ask them "Without knowing this, how do you know
OpenView is meeting your requirements?"

The only reason I would take this approach is because their original
question used the word 'requirements'.  Too much buzz, buzz, buzz...

Jason Allison
Principal Engineer
ARINC Incorporated
Office:  (410) 266-2006