[nv-l] SNMP Polling via a MLM

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: [nv-l] SNMP Polling via a MLM
From: "Seminara, Sandro" <SSeminara@fnis.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 11:31:17 -0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Dec 2003 19:45:27 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

We have a main Netview server, but recently acquired 6 "isolated" networks that have devices which need to be SNMP Polled.

For security reasons we can not open ICMP, SNMP, and SNMPTrap between our main network and each device in these 6 isolated networks.

Or solution is to put 6 MLM's, one in each isolated network, and have them directly poll each device and then report that status back to our main NetView server.

The question is as such.... Can MLM's poll devices with SNMP or are they limited to ICMP?

We are running NetView 7.1.3 (FP01) on AIX.

Thank you,

Sandro Seminara