RE: [nv-l] nv-l X Window Zooming

To: "'nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com'" <nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
Subject: RE: [nv-l] nv-l X Window Zooming
From: "Hill, Channing" <CHill@bbandt.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:05:09 -0500
Delivery-date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 01:15:14 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
I agree....We have about 36,000 objects (about 2,000 gateways). I spent
about 3 days building a location.conf file by discovering sections of our
network via seedfile and fine tuning each entry in location.conf as I went.
Once completed, you will never have to worry about dragging and dropping
objects ever again if you have to perform a rediscover. Just make sure you
have a safe backup method for your location.conf file....treat it like
"gold". There are several good posts in the list related to location.conf.
Its defiantly worth it to research/read up on how to use the location.conf
file before you begin.

Channing Hill
EMS Analyst II
BB&T