Re: [nv-l] netviewd.lrf problems

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netviewd.lrf problems
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:17:50 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:34:29 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Peter,
If the line does not start with a 0: then in is an inactive
entry and can be removed(serversetup has a way to do
this). That being said, removing that last line 1:whatever
should not have made any difference at all.

Are all the daemons starting OK, including netviewd?
Can you do "snmpwalk localhost"?

The map not starting sounds like you are unable to reach
your snmp daemon on the NetView server. Check the above
and let us know your results.

Paul

Peter.Ingleson@atradius.com wrote:

Hello again list,

Solved my initial problem, I had removed the line netviewd:/usr/OV..... from the netviewd.lrf.

If I register netviewd.lrf with the following in the file I get problems loading Netview, the process just seems to sit there and I cannot open a GUI. When I try to connect using the webconsole I get no maps open.

Netviewd.lrf as follows

netviewd:/usr/OV/bin/netviewd:

OVs_YES_START:nvsecd pmd ovwdb trapd ovtopmd ovactiond nvcorrd actionsvr nvserverd:-spmd 2, -ro:OVs_WELL_BEHAVED:30:

When I look in ovsuf I see the following.

1:netviewd:/usr/OV/bin/netviewd:OVs_YES_START:nvsecd pmd ovwdb trapd ovtopmd ovactiond nvcorrd actionsvr nvserverd:-spmd 2:OVs_WELL_BEHAVED:30:::

1:netviewd:/usr/OV/bin/netviewd:OVs_YES_START:nvsecd pmd ovwdb trapd ovtopmd ovactiond nvcorrd actionsvr nvserverd:-spmd 2:OVs_WELL_BEHAVED:30:::

1:netviewd:/usr/OV/bin/netviewd:OVs_YES_START:nvsecd pmd ovwdb trapd ovtopmd ovactiond nvcorrd actionsvr nvserverd:-spmd 2, -ro:OVs_WELL_BEHAVED:30:::

Any suggestions would be appreciate, should I remove the additional lines in ovsuf??

Regards

Peter