Re: [nv-l] netviewd.lrf problems

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] netviewd.lrf problems
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 12:55:29 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 18:16:43 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
How many objects are on your map, could this be the map
synching(I dont think so, but it is a possibility). Remember
that netviewd is simply ovw in wolfs clothing. In other words
it is the exact same process as ovw, save for the name. When
netviewd is not started, how long do it take for your map to
finish synching when you just start it on the console?

Paul

Peter.Ingleson@atradius.com wrote:

Followed your advice, killed netview by targeting the OV processes, could
not use ovstop. Used ovdelobj to unregister netviewd. Restarted Netview no
problems. Re-registered netviewd, tried to restart and the command ovstart
netviewd hung. Hit ctrl c after 5minutes and the following displayed.
[gl02]:/usr/OV/lrf#sudo ovstart netviewd
ovspmd: start: aborting
object manager name: netviewd
behavior:            OVs_WELL_BEHAVED
state:               STARTED
PID:                 112628
last message:
exit status:         -

ps -ef | grep -I OV (selecting out netviewd)

root 112628  33070   0 16:33:31      -  0:00 /usr/OV/bin/netviewd -display
gl02:2

Web client unable to connect. Other OV commands not functioning. Snmpwalk hostname successful.

When I register netviewd I get a problem, without things work fine. Yet
netviewd appears to be working?

Strange...