Re: [nv-l] using SNMP trap to change object attribute

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] using SNMP trap to change object attribute
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:14:22 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 14:14:41 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
If membership in the smartset requires that flag to be set, once the flag is removed the device should be removed from the smartset. I am not sure of the timing of this,
but I would think within 5 minutes or so that device should be removed.

Paul

Allison, Jason (JALLISON) wrote:

There is a lot of good information in here. I guess my only question would be is how are the devices removed from the smartset? Looking at your information below it seems the operator needs to run the Trap_Flag_Clear.sh (highlight nodes / OVwSelections) in order to clear the condition. From what I understood from the original problem statement is that after a period of time, the devices should be removed automatically.
Jason