Re: [nv-l] using SNMP trap to change object attribute

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] using SNMP trap to change object attribute
From: Paul <pstroud@bellsouth.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 10:32:50 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Jan 2005 15:33:12 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Jason,
Well first we would want to know what event is going to create
a situation where the flag should be removed, new traps, specfic traps,
what? So if we receive BGP traps from a device in the smartset, run
an action to remove the flag.  This could easily be done from a ruleset,
but we would need more information about what should cause the flag
to be removed.

Paul

Allison, Jason (JALLISON) wrote:

Agreed, but how is the flag on the device being removed/un-set?  From my
understanding of Leslie's email, it takes an operator action to un-set
the flag.  How does an operator know if X number of BGP traps have been
received in Y amount of time?

Jason