Re: [nv-l] Polling Intervals Info!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Polling Intervals Info!
From: Larry Fagan <larrytechie@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 07:20:15 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 15:20:55 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Paul,
Thanks for looking into this.. My situation is this..
I have inherited this environment.. Netview poll
settings is as below but in TEC these interface down
events are held for 10 minutes.. If no Up is received
from same hostname, then an down alert goes out to
team.. Now the issue is why is this 10 minutes hold in
TEC. Can't i lower this to lesser value.. Is there any
issues or false events generated if i lower 10 minute
hold since we have about 17,000 interfaces to poll..
What is the industry standard in polling the nodes? My
customers are saying "It's really NOT good to know
that the server is down ONLY after about (10+3)13
minutes"..
Again many thanks as usual..
Larry

http://mail.yahoo.com