Re: [nv-l] Polling Intervals Info!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: Re: [nv-l] Polling Intervals Info!
From: Larry Fagan <larrytechie@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 06:28:22 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 14:28:56 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Gentlemen,
Back again,,,
I have another old netview 6.0 and i changed the
settings from as below;
5 sec timeout - 3m poll - 3 retries to
2 sec timeout - 5m poll - 3 retries..
I feel i'm getting few false alerts on few servers.
Is these settings hold good for NV 6.0 or is it
something to do with the network issues with 2 sec
timeout very less for polling..
Any ideas are very much appreciated..
Many thanks
Larry