RE: [nv-l] Polling Intervals Info!

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] Polling Intervals Info!
From: Larry Fagan <larrytechie@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 08:13:47 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 16:14:40 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Colin,
Thanks on the info...
Yep.. I know the rule where down event is held for 10
minutes.. my issue is , if i reduce this time to 5
minutes, will there be false down alerts? ( I still
don't find reason to hold 10 minutes in TEC)
Well .. looks like your idea of pinging the interface
using script seems good.. Can i borrow your script?
You know the whole idea is to reduce the server down
alert from 13 minutes to as less as possible..
Many thanks colin and paul..
Larry

--- Colin Mulkerrins <Colin.Mulkerrins@anpost.ie>

http://mail.yahoo.com