Re: netview/solaris and x-windows pcs?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netview/solaris and x-windows pcs?
From: Leslie Clark <lclark@US.IBM.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:28:41 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
The distiction to be made here is between the Netview client
and the X "client" (isn't it  actually the X server?). Anyway, the
Netview client  and server can be a mix of Unix platforms, but
not a mix of Unix and Intel. Using the X-emulation approach,
the Intel box can telnet to the Unix Netview server just fine and
this is a very common approach.

(248) 552-4968 Voicemail, Fax, Pager

---------------------- Forwarded by Leslie Clark/Southfield/IBM on 04-12-99

"S. John Banner" <jbanner@UVIC.CA> on 04-09-99 05:46:48 PM