Re: netview/solaris and x-windows pcs?

To: nv-l@lists.tivoli.com
Subject: Re: netview/solaris and x-windows pcs?
From: OGrant <OGrant@PEC.COM>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:01:02 -0400
Sender: Discussion of IBM NetView and POLYCENTER Manager on NetView <NV-L@UCSBVM.UCSB.EDU>
Ok, I'm getting the picture - it appears that you can run multiple instances
of the netview server on the same unix machine; I presume, therefore, that
netview is providing some sort of contention/access control behind the
scenes?  That is, if user A makes changes to object 1 at the same time user
B is attempting to delete the very same object, Netview sorts it all out
(locks records somehow?)  Or am I perhaps overanalyzing the whole deal, and
should accept on good faith that this multi-user contraption will work?