RE: [nv-l] ATM problem

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] ATM problem
From: DSullinger@dot.state.az.us
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 13:09:35 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 12 Jan 2004 20:19:16 +0000
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
We have two Netview servers, one with v7.1.2 and the other running v6.0.1
located on the same network.  We have a new OC3 ATM circuit that has several
frame relay circuits on the other end.  For some reason, the 7x version of
Netview shows the ATM circuit down at times, yet while running a ping, it
never shows it as down.  The 6.x version of Netview never shows this circuit
going down.  I've checked timeout values and they are the same on both
servers.  When we do a netmon trace on both servers and then a demand poll,
the 7x version states that the OC3 interface does not have an IP address,
but the 6.x version doesn't say this in the trace file. Any idea what might
cause this or do you need more information?

Thanks