RE: [nv-l] graph and daemon problems

To: nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com
Subject: RE: [nv-l] graph and daemon problems
From: James Shanks <jshanks@us.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 09:25:09 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 14:40:55 +0100
Sender: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

It's hard to imagine what might be wrong since you are so far downlevel.  Lots of maintenance has been delivered since then, and as I said, I am not expert in this area.  I don't work on data collection nor graphing.

My only suggestion is that if you have lots and lots of data then you might go into /usr/OV/app-defaults/Xnm and increase you maxMallocPoints from the default of 5120 to something much greater, say  four times that amount.

But the real answer may lie in what happens when you try to graph.  Do you get an error message when you try to graph or what?

Other than this, I have no suggestions.  I am hoping that some other user who does graphing all the time will have some suggestions.  Because if not, you will have to open a problem to Support.

James Shanks
Level 3 Support  for Tivoli NetView for UNIX and Windows
Tivoli Software / IBM Software Group

"Ioannis Yerou" <ioannisi@ieee.org>
Sent by: owner-nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com

04/29/2004 07:31 AM
Please respond to

<nv-l@lists.us.ibm.com>
cc
Subject
RE: [nv-l] graph and daemon problems

James,

Thanks a lot for the input. First, I checked for the ovwdb and you were right. The number in cache was 10000 and the objects number was 12000. Therefore, I changed the number to 15000. Now, regarding the graph I changed the collection time to 10 min but still it does not seem to work. What I have noticed in the log is maybe what you are calling gaps. For many routers it says is not up.

Any other input regarding the graph problem will be appreciated.

We are planning to upgrade the version of Netview to the latest.

Thanks again,

Regards,
Ioannis